Dye to add to cement for coloured concrete

Betsy Og

Howdy,

I have seen this used years ago to colour brick grout, basically it comes in a packet (like the old loose tea boxes) - you add it to cement on a tarp/drop cloth, then you mix it through the cement by lifting the tarp from various angles and you get a uniformly coloured cement.

Q - Has anyone seen this on sale in Irl (I saw it in US)? Could you get a dark green dye? Would it have the desired effect of giving you concrete of the same colour as the cement (I presume so)?

What its wanted for it a small patch of ground at the end of a lawn where animals pass through, will always be in muck unless concreted but would prefer it not to be blindingly obvious from the house that you have a patch of concrete - i.e. I'm not too concerned about how it looks on close inspection, if it was basically camoflaged from a distance that would be grand.

The product you're looking for is "Cementone" manufactured by Evode Industries and is available from all builders merchants- it is commonly used to dye mortar to be used in pointing roof tile verges etc. It is available in a variety of colours including Brick/ Tile Red, Black, Grey and Brown. For lighter shades it is recommended to use white cement to ensure accurate colour result.

Back