dvd

B

bid

apart from amazon site, any suggestions where to buy reasonable dvd's

If you have a multi region dvd player, or a player that can read Region 1 dvd's then try this site www.dvdpricesearch.com It searches a number of sites mainly in the US but you benefit from the USD / EUR rate of exchange at the moment. Delivery can take a long time though.

Also, canadian websites for dvd's are very competitive. Try www.amazon.ca or www.dvdboxoffice.com (I think this one is the best as dvd's are relatively cheap in Canada, the Rate of exchange is good, you get the new releases at the same time give or take as America and they have free worldwide delivery - though you may have to wait up to 7-8 working days!)

E.g at the moment buy Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on pre release (due out in US on 23.11.04) you will have in it early December for CDN$29.95 (Euro 18.83) delivered to your door!

They may give me a job after this!

Re: dvd's

Also, www.dvdsoon.com, another decent Canadian site with free delivery (but Region 1 NTSC discs, you need a multiregion DVD player).

podgerodge said:
dvdsoon no longer free delivery...

Although if you buy a volume discount card, you can still get free delivery. Good value if you buy lots of DVDs from them.

Dvdsoon.....

.... was a big fan of DVDSOON in the past. DVDs were cheap as chips but you could be waiting maybe a month for the DVD to come through.

Problems are worse now and some boards are speculating that they may be in trouble. I have 3 seperate orders going back to June 22nd and there is no sign of them delivered.

Won't be ordering any more until I see these coming through.

Back