DVD-R's not playing in DVD Player

SideshowBob

Hi guys,

I've downloaded a film to a DVD-R (a .avi file) and it won't play in my Philips DVD Player. I have also tried downloading the film to a DVD+RW aswell and this doesn't work either. They play on my PC but not on my DVVD Player.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sideshowbob.

Hi , your dvd prob wont play avi format. You will either need to convert the avi file to dvd format or buy a new dvd player that plays divx mpeg or avi files directly. If you google something like convert avi files to dvd you will prob find some free or trial software to do it. I think nero may do it but wouldnt be 100 percent sure.
hope this helps

Yeah you should type ''avi to mpeg'' or something into google like that to refine your search.

Most People who download alot say it's not worth the hassle of converting and just buy another cheap DVD Player for TV that play's DIVX.

I think you could be right Broadbandken. I've tried to find free software and can't. Thanks anyway. Think I'll just go buy a new DVD Player.

Hi sideshowbob , you could try sourceforge.net there are a lot of free stuff on that site , you may find a convertor there that may be of some help

Converting DivX/XviD to MPEG2 is a lot of hassle and takes time. If you're going to be downloading much DivX stuff you might be better to get a DivX player. The Philips DVP-5140, which costs about €70, handles DivX (to 6.x) nicely and its brother the DVP-5960 is pretty much the same player (maybe €20 dearer) but with a USB connection so if you have an external USB disk you can play direct from that without burning anything.

Back