DVD recording-watching other channels while recording

lefty

Hi all
I bought a new DVD recorder in Lidl last week ( Targa DRH 5200X).Have set everything up with my tv,video and sky digibox but it seems I can only record the channel that I am watching with the set up I have at the moment.
I have one cable for terrestrial channels and one cable from sky dish. Can I set it up so that I can watch sky while recording terrestrial channels and vice versa? Any help appreciated.

got the same recorder last year, great bit of gear. i had the same problem as you and i have it hooked up the way u want. also when u are going to record something make sure u selet the recording source, either scart or the rf input, i think thats the option.
to hook it up check out page 14 on the manual that comes with the recorder, this is how i have mine set up, can record something on sky and then switch to the terrestrial and vice versa.... if u need anymore help post a reply

plug the terrestrial cable into "RF In" on the dvd recorder
cable from "RF out" (dvd) into "RF in" on tv
Scart cable, plug scart from scart out on sky into scart in on dvd player
and second scart cable going from, scart out on dvd to scart in on tv

that should work

thanks scuby. Have set it up as you said but the problem is that if I'm recording sky thro the scart source, I can't switch to tv source to view terrestrial channels while recording another source. Am I missing something?

has anyone managed to multi region this yet and disable the copyright?

Back