DVD Recorder

S

Swoon0

Hi All,

Two quetions please -

1. What do I need to llok out for in ourchasing a DVD recorder
2. I have and NTSC Digital Camcorder (bought in US) so will any DVD recorder I buy have to be NTSC or whats the deal here ? WIll the recorded dvds be in NTSC ?

Thanks

Will this result in the answer to my questions ?

thanks

dvd recorders - most do either +r and +rw discs or -r and -rw discs, not a huge difference between minus and plus as regards compatiblity if you want to use the recorded disc in another dvd player. Other type is DVD Ram - which I think gives the best features - like pausing live tv and simultaneous record one program while watching another. - But, Ram discs will only play in Ram players/recorders, so try to get a DVD recorder that supports DVD Ram and (-r/-rw) or (+r/+rw)

As regards NTSC and PAL signals , you probably will run into trouble trying to send the NTSC signal into the PAL machine - but you can buy NTSC to PAL converters - check out Ebay or Maplin electronics.

Not trying to be a smart**** but the correct term is Dash and Plus.

dash etc

very smart, but not very helpful to someone who is looking at the cover of the dvd boxes where they are going to see.... +r or -r!

I have a hard disk recorder and it will not record NTSC signals properly. It only records signals in PAL format. The result is the signal is recorded in crap quality black & white. My TV plays NTSC signals properly, and the hard disk recorder has a DVD player that will play NTSC discs and convert to PAL but it will not record NTSC.

Maybe this is a feature of certain DVD recorders, definitely one to look for. Not an issue for DVD recorders on PCs 'cos you can do conversion however you like on the PC before recording the DVD.

Back