dvd recorder - watch tv too?

River

Hi,

im moving into an apartment soon and was looking to buy a dvd recorder with a Hard disk drive.

i will only have chorus digital in the apartment.

my question is that if i am recording something onto the dvd player. wil i have to watch the same channel im recording?

i was readin something about a Freeview box on avforums but dont see it as a feature on any dvd recorders available in ireland.

cheers for any help

River said:
Hi,

im moving into an apartment soon and was looking to buy a dvd recorder with a Hard disk drive.

i will only have chorus digital in the apartment.

my question is that if i am recording something onto the dvd player. wil i have to watch the same channel im recording?

i was readin something about a Freeview box on avforums but dont see it as a feature on any dvd recorders available in ireland.

cheers for any help

You will be able to record from the SCART input, connected to the Chorus box, and watch an analogue channel (the "basic" channels i.e. RTE1, RTE2, UTV, C4, BBC1/2, etc., but not Discovery, Sky etc.) using the DVD recorder's built in analogue tuner.

Freeview - digital tuner for terrestrial digital TV broadcasts in the UK - is not any use in most of the republic as the signal can't be received here.

MonsieurBond said:
using the DVD recorder's built in analogue tuner.

Hi MB,

Do all DVD recorders come with a built in analogue tuner?

Have you know how good the reception would be produced from them?

Cheers

River said:
Hi MB,

Do all DVD recorders come with a built in analogue tuner?

Have you know how good the reception would be produced from them?

Cheers

Yes, they do.

Some UK ones also come with a Digital Tuner (Freeview) but it is not worth paying the extra for this as it is no use in most of the republic.

Reception varies with the make and model as with everything else but if you choose a reasonable brand, should be as good as your regular tv reception.

Back