DVD Recorder to take a few programmes I have recorded on my Sky Box & put on dvd.

rustbucket

Can anyone recommend a DVD Recorder?

Basically I need to take a few programmes I have recorded on my Sky Box and put them onto a DVD.

I need one with a hard drive storage capacity also

Thanks

These are really on the way out now in favour of DVD players with USB sockets.
Using USB you can copy /play from a USB stick or USB HDD

Not a recommendation, per se, but I have an LG device, about 4 years old, that has worked well for me. I have had to get the DVD unit replaced no other issues. It has a 160GB hard drive which allows me to store more cotent that I will ever get to watch !

I bought it online.

These are really on the way out now in favour of DVD players with USB sockets.
Using USB you can copy /play from a USB stick or USB HDD

Maybe so but I dont think you can take stuff from your sky box via USB and play it, depite the fact that there is a USB port. It is a totally different file type.

Maybe so but I dont think you can take stuff from your sky box via USB and play it, depite the fact that there is a USB port. It is a totally different file type.

correct, you can't. You need to play it back and use an external recorer to record the feed from the scart, hdmi, etc.
Leo

correct, you can't. You need to play it back and use an external recorer to record the feed from the scart, hdmi, etc.
Leo

Thanks Leo. Would you have any recommendations for makes or models or anything else I should be looking for?

Is there a box which can be substituted for the supplied UPC box which is bigger and better?
So it would only be a matter of taking my UPC card and plugging it into the new unit.

Thanks Leo. Would you have any recommendations for makes or models or anything else I should be looking for?

I have an older version of this media player/recorder. It hooks up to your system like a VCR, so while watching regular TV or playback on your Sky+ or other box, you can just hit the record button and it'll record the feed as a standard format file. It has a LAN port and USB connectivity, so you can connect it to your computer and network.

The user interface on the old version I have isn't great, but looks like they've improved that.

It's a nice neat size that you can take on holidays, and have all your media there to watch.
Leo

http://www.currys.ie/category/DVD-Recorders/145.3

This will do what you need, its great to have the ability to archive programs to DVD, to pass to friends etc.
This can also then be your DVD player.
Output from your Sky box via scart into the scart input on this.
Bit expensive, may get better by shopping around.

Check out [broken link removed] for reviews of different recorders.

Thanks for all the replies lads. Have a lend of a DVD recorder for the weekend. Going to try it out and if it works ok for what I want, will invest in one myself.

Cheers

Just to update. Successfully recorded from the Sky box onto the DVD recorders internal hard drive. However Tried to transfer to DVD but the machine kept rejecting the DVDs (DVD +R)

It could be that I am using the wrong DVD type so I will try a DVD-R and see. If that doesnt work then it must be the machine