DVD recorder setting up issue

Luckycharm

HI,

I got a Philips DVD recorder and took me ages to set up with the NTL box and TV. Prob is I cannot seem to record the Digital box stuff onto the DVDR?
Other problem is that the NTL seems to override the DVDR which means that when I try to tape something I cannot see the preprogammed stations on the DVDR so have to guess what some of the stations are. When i pick a function such as timer record it overrides the NTL but when just want to see the stations programmed in - it does not override the NTL they both appear to go out of AV1.
Anyway probally have not explained it very well so any advice welcome.

Hi there.

It's not clear what connections you have so my reply may be more confusing than helpful. I have an ntl box running through a Sony DVD recorder and it works fine. I have the connection from the wall going to the ntl box, then a scart cable from the "tv" connection going to the AV-in connection on the Sony DVD recorder, and finally a scart from the Sony to the TV.

If I am recording a digital signal from the ntl box it's on Line 1 on my recorder (selected using the "input select" button) and it records whatever channel is selected on the ntl box. (Obviously I cannot watch another digital channel then.)

If I want to watch regular analogue signals when recording a digital signal I simply selet the channel on the tv.

Don't know if this helps at all? If I can be more specific let me know what connections you have and what model recorder you are using, then maybe I or someone on here can help you out.

Good luck. You will get this sorted.

Thanks it is the cheapest Philips DVDR it loads in the stations into the DVDR strangely it never picks up BBC2. Anyway it is not a big worry as it is connected to TV/video so can tape the digital stations. It was just doing my head in!!

Back