DVD recorder records RTÉ 1 when I set it to record TG4. Why?

Bricriu

Anybody know why my DVD recorder records RTÉ 1 when I set it (on timer) to record TG4. This happens all the time. Stations on DVD recorder were automatically downloaded from TV set.

All help appreciated.

You shouild provide more detail about your set-up, e.g.

- are all other channels OK ?
- does your DVD recorder have it's own tuner, or just a SCART IN ?

Anybody know why my DVD recorder records RTÉ 1 when I set it (on timer) to record TG4. This happens all the time. Stations on DVD recorder were automatically downloaded from TV set.
Are you using the VideoPlus codes from TV listings or are you setting the timer manually?

I presume that you have the aeriel/cable plugged into the recorder and a scart from the recorder to the TV. If so I suggest that you choose AV1 or AV2 to view the recorder and choose the TV channels on the recorder. I suspect that RTE 1, RTE2, BBC1 etc are stored as different numbers on your recorder compared to your TV and hence your problem. You think you are recording RTE on Channel 1 (recorder) when Channel 1 on the recorder is actually TG4 etc. Suggest that you manually re-order your channel list on the recorder. Been there, done that comes to mind!

All help appreciated.
Check what channel number TG4 is ON YOUR DVD, then check what number RTE1 is on your dvd.
Set dvd to record the channel number which TG4 is on (on dvd) and this should work. Most people think that if RTE1 is on number 1 on their tv that it is automatically on the same number on dvd..not always the case.
I would sit down and write down the channels on your tv then switch over to dvd and write down the way they are on that and make sure they correspond...I think you will find that RTE1 and TG4 are not synchronised so a quick retune should get you sorted.
Chances are that other channels are not corresponding too.
Sorry Hansov
, just saw your post above!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Thanks a lot for advice

Thanks a lot everyone. Followed advice and checked if order was the same on DVD and TV, and found it wasn't.

Also, DVD had two RTÉ 1s, one of them standing for TG4. Corrected the order and changed one of the RTÉ 1s to TG4 and tried a timed recording, and it worked.

Go raibh maith agaibh.

Bricriu