DVD player saying no disc

bluetoff

When I insert a dvd into my player it just displays no disc. Can this problem be easily resolved and what could cause this, the player itself is only about two years old and certainly would'nt have been overworked.

is the DVD the correct region? is the player region free? has it played that particular disc before?

If the problem is with a DVD that previously played OK in the same player then maybe open it up (isolate from the mains first) and check to see that no cables have come loose. I once had a DVD player in which the flat, plastic ribbon cable connecting the drive electronics to the optical head mechanism came loose and had to be reseated.

I've tried different dvds that work fine in another dvd player, could it just be knackered.

Have you opened it up and checked connections etc. as I suggested above? Any chance the optics/lens got clogged up with dirt or something?

I just bought a cheap DVD player a couple of weeks ago because my last one stopped working. The shop had a pallet load of them on display.

Electronics seem to have a terrible lifespan. Mobile phones don't even seem to last a year anymore. A disaster for the environment as well.

Electronics seem to have a terrible lifespan. Mobile phones don't even seem to last a year anymore. A disaster for the environment as well.
I don't think that this is necessarily true. I'm using a c. 5 year old mobile phone and it's working fine. Our TV was a cheapo make and is still going 11 years on.

If other discs are working fine in the same player it may be down to dirt/scrathes on the disc ....have you tried cleaning it ?

5 year old mobile phone and it's working fine. Our TV was a cheapo make and is still going 11 years on.

I meant to say that recent electronics seem to have a terrible life span. I too have old stuff that is still working, but anything purchased in the last couple of years seems to be cat. Especially mobile phones.

I wonder if a TV purchased today will still be working in 11 years time.

def sounds like the lens. How expensive was the player, the cost of repair may easily outweigh the price of a new one.

have a read.. [broken link removed]

Back