DVD Player not recognising blank DVDs

lou2

Hi - Just wondering if anyone had a similar problem or has any idea how I can resolve it...I bought a 25 pack of Philips DVD-RW discs. However, when I put one in to my machine is says 'no disc'. It doesn't seem to recognise it (I have tried a few from the same pack so it's not just one dud). The dvd player/recorder is a Philips make also and I have only ever used the Philips dvds as the machine wouldn't recognise any other brand. When I put one of the older Philips dvds in to the machine (with the exact same specs) there is no problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Only thing I can think of is that your discs are -RW and the player will only accept +RW ?????

Only thing I can think of is that your discs are -RW and the player will only accept +RW ?????

That's probably the reason. I've a Philips DVD player that won't play any DVDs burned onto DVD -RW, only +RW

Damn...that appears to be the problem alright. I never noticed that there was a - on it. I see that the other blank ones I have, have a + on them. Now I have 30 euro worth of useless blank dvds...:mad:

Thanks for solving the mystery...a mistake I won't make again.

Back