DVD Player makes squeaking noises and wont play

ragazza

Hi,

yesterday morning my DVD player was working fine.
Then in the afternoon, I turned it on again. It was "Reading" the DVD for ages and not moving on to display anything. I left it about 5 mins, and then it gave some awful squeakling noises and the screen went all fuzzy.

I managed to get the DVD disk out, and tried with a different disk. The same squeaking noises happened, and the DVD woudnt play.

Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem? I dont have a cleaning disk, but will get one and try it. Could heat affect it (since its about 35 degrees where I live).

Thanks,
Ragazza.

ragazza said:
Hi,

yesterday morning my DVD player was working fine.
Then in the afternoon, I turned it on again. It was "Reading" the DVD for ages and not moving on to display anything. I left it about 5 mins, and then it gave some awful squeakling noises and the screen went all fuzzy.

I managed to get the DVD disk out, and tried with a different disk. The same squeaking noises happened, and the DVD woudnt play.

Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem? I dont have a cleaning disk, but will get one and try it. Could heat affect it (since its about 35 degrees where I live).

Thanks,
Ragazza.

You weren't watching http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C504B/002-2794287-8820014?v=glance&n=130 (Three Blind Mice) on DVD by any chance? Maybe one of them got lost!! (Ouch!) :eek:

Seriously, it sounds like a mechanical problem to me, but cleaning it will probably do no harm.

Back