DVD not playing

Violet Rose

I purchased a childrens book and dvd from bookclub ireland - (they drop the books into work) when I put it in the dvd player it came up on the screen "no disc" so I tried one of my own dvds and they play fine...
I returned dvd and they gave me a second one and the same thing is happening its telling me no disc...

Has anyone come accross this happening with DVD

Google VLC Media Player, download it & try it. If your problem stems from a Windows Media Player issue, then using VLC will get around the problem. Worked for me anyhow...

I purchased a childrens book and dvd from bookclub ireland - (they drop the books into work) when I put it in the dvd player it came up on the screen "no disc" so I tried one of my own dvds and they play fine...
I returned dvd and they gave me a second one and the same thing is happening its telling me no disc...

Has anyone come accross this happening with DVD

Is this a standalone DVD player? If so what region does the disc say it is from? Is your player capable of playing this region?

its a DVD and its Region 2, I have a stand alone dvd player which is only 6 -9 months old, when i place the dvd in "loading disc" appears on screen and then "no Disk"

What make/model of player? Perhaps there is a known issue with it that a firmware update for it might fix? You haven't had this problem with any other DVDs?

its a DVD and its Region 2, I have a stand alone dvd player which is only 6 -9 months old, when i place the dvd in "loading disc" appears on screen and then "no Disk"

Have you tried playing it on another DVD player?

Does the surface of the disk look dirty?

And at the risk of repeating extopia's question below, are you certain it's not a PC CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM for that matter) i.e. designed for a PC and not for a standalone player?

Back