Dvd(External channel) screwing up TV Reception

lukegriffen

My Dvd always screwed up TV reception, which was never really a problem until I got a recordable DVD. So if i'm recording something, I can't watch the other TV stations, the External channel is interfering with all other TV channels. So I can watch TV either through the DVD, or through the normal TV channels if the DVD is in standby off mode. I have the NTL coax going into the DVD, and from the DVD another coax & Scart goes into the TV.
I recently had Broadband installed & asked the NTL guy did he know a solution & he didn't, but I'm sure there must be.

Any help is appreciated.

lukegriffen said:
My Dvd always screwed up TV reception, which was never really a problem until I got a recordable DVD. So if i'm recording something, I can't watch the other TV stations, the External channel is interfering with all other TV channels. So I can watch TV either through the DVD, or through the normal TV channels if the DVD is in standby off mode. I have the NTL coax going into the DVD, and from the DVD another coax & Scart goes into the TV.
I recently had Broadband installed & asked the NTL guy did he know a solution & he didn't, but I'm sure there must be.

Any help is appreciated.
There are some good articles on DVD recorder setup on the Net, like [broken link removed]. Check out the diagram on [broken link removed] in particular.

Is it possible that you have connected the DVD recorder's Input to the TV's SCART Output instead of the other way around, so changing channel on the TV is changing is changing the signal sent to the DVD recorder? I have seen this sort of thing before. You need to check all the connections carefully. Some SCARTS are Input and Output (especially on VCR's) - you need to ensure you are using the correct direction.

Thanks for the reply.
My TV only has 1 scart connection. When I tried plugging the scart into the other scart socket on the DVD, I got no reception, so I'm pretty sure it's hooked up ok.

Back