DVD editing software

Ruam

A friend of mine wants to edit some of their DVDs. Can anyone recommend a package that will do this? I know there are plenty that will edit video footage and output to DVD but the footage they want to edit is already converted to DVD.

They are not that computer literate so a package that is user friendly would be best.

Thanks

Ruam

With all due respect if they are going to edit this themselves they are going to have to become computer literate. Video editing is hard, and it requires a lot of hardware and software resources.

If they want to edit DVD footage, they're going to have to learn how to rip the footage back off the DVD, and then convert it to a format that can be edited.

I recommend MPEG Streamclip (an excellent free software package used by many video professionals) for the conversion. Your friend should convert to the highest quality video their system can handle, while staying compatible with their editing software, of course.

Best of luck with it!

A friend of mine wants to edit some of their DVDs. Can anyone recommend a package that will do this? I know there are plenty that will edit video footage and output to DVD but the footage they want to edit is already converted to DVD.

DVDx will rip DVD footage and convert it into an editable format see: http://www.labdv.com/dvdx/

Back