DVD cock-up

BlueSpud

I have a dvd writer & bought a Region 1 DVD (cos I coukld not get a Region 2 version), "Nobody's Fool", with Paul Newman. I wanted to get a region 2 copy of this to watch on my DVD player. To do this I installed a trial version of DVDRegionFree+CSSFree. This appeared to work in that it let me copy the DVD, but gave me a black & white copy. I could not play the DVD on my PC, and to my horror, my PC will not now play any DVD. I have uninstalled the s/w but to no avail. I keep getting the message that I should lower my screen resolution and colour quality settings, but I am down to 800*640. Now anything I copy is black & white. Help.

The saga rolls on. No chance there's a region hack for your DVD player? Together with your TV being NTSC and PAL compliant?

BlueSpud said:
I have a dvd writer & bought a Region 1 DVD (cos I coukld not get a Region 2 version), "Nobody's Fool", with Paul Newman. I wanted to get a region 2 copy of this to watch on my DVD player. To do this I installed a trial version of DVDRegionFree+CSSFree. This appeared to work in that it let me copy the DVD, but gave me a black & white copy. I could not play the DVD on my PC, and to my horror, my PC will not now play any DVD. I have uninstalled the s/w but to no avail. I keep getting the message that I should lower my screen resolution and colour quality settings, but I am down to 800*640. Now anything I copy is black & white. Help.

You may possible have turned your DVD player to Region 1 (US) only.

In this case, you either need to turn it back to Region 2 or else try to find a hack that makes it region free permanently.

Normally, the DVD player on a computer will allow you to change regions a few times before it locks on the region selected. (At least, IBM laptops do this.)

You should Google for a DVD region free hack for your specific make and model of DVD - you may need to take it out and look at the model number on it.

I've never had any problems using DVD Region Free (I purchased the full version)

CCOVICH said:
I've never had any problems using DVD Region Free (I purchased the full version)

The problem is unlikely to be with the DVD region free software, but with the DVD player, I would have thought...

Try a 'system restore' to rollback your PC to prior to the installation of the software.

Back