DVD Box sets

pricilla

Hi, was just about to order some box sets from CD-WOW and checked with HMV and they were less than half the price in HMV. It was CSI and other Sci-Fi stuff I was getting, but there seemed to be loads in there for far less than on-line.
I was also thinking of getting this recordable DVD player, but don't really know what all the letters mean. This one is €229, is it a good one? I honestly only picked it because it matches the telly. I haven't bought it yet, it won't be in the shop till Monday.
http://www.argos.co.uk/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=5335859

I've noticed that over the past few months, deliveries from CD Wow are taking a long time. Usually about 2 weeks after the dispatch email!

I got CDs I ordered from CD WOW (.ie site with vouchers) last week on Tuesday, pretty impressive.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the prices on the cdwow.ie website have increased in the last few days?
I ordered a cd last week 12.99 (used a 1 euro voucher) and paid 11.99.
It is now priced 14.99 but you can get a 2 euro voucher bringing it back down to 12.99.

I got stuff from them before and they were very fast and very reasonable. I just couldn't believe HMV were actually far cheaper. A freind of mine orders all his stuff from CD Wow and he says lately the stuff has taken a very long time to arrive. I suppose they're very busy at the moment. He didn't say anything about the prices though.
Well anyway after my incident with the credit card the other day, I won't be ordering anything online for a while!

What maddens me about all this is availability as well as price,for instance there's a very nice 4 DVD box set of classic Bogart which is $20 on Amazon com and which is just not available it seems this side of the pond-there are other lesser Bogart DVD box sets at 30 euro plus alright..looks like we have to have the crumbs and pay more for them too..

Back