DV Camcorder

pennypincher

I recently purchased a Mini DV camcorder and have gathered a few tapes by now.I want to put these onto DVD.Ialso bought a DVD recorder which has a USB slot and a DV slot...connecting my Camcorder to the USB slot does nothing...and I don't have a DV cable(I will be getting one) can anyone tell me if they managed to record from their DV tape onto a DVD?

Two ways to get DV footage onto DVD:

1: By firewire cable connecting your camera to a domestic DVD video recorder which has a firewire socket. Once connected, use the remote to select 'DV-IN', press play on the camera and hit record on the DVD recorder.

2: By firewire cable connecting your camera to a computer which is equipped with a a firewire socket and a DVD-writer. You'll need softaware to allow you to capture, edit and burn the video to DVD.

You can use s-video or the three coloured ones (white, yellow and red) don't know the technical term. these are on Many DVD recorders (certainly the one I got over christmas for 180 in power city)

Also could try variety of scart to s-video and other connections to be found in Maplin.

In general just go in to Maplin and thell them the issue, I find them great at least in Blanchardstown.

If you don't have a computer then buying a DVD recorder is the cheapest way to get your home movies onto DVD. You can get pretty decent models for around €200.