Duty/Customs Costs

Shamrock

Just looking for some information regarding customs. I am thinking of getting some goods sent from Asia and wondering does anyone know of costs involved once it hits Ireland e.g. if I buy products worth €500 what would custom cost be? Is there a goods value that is exempt from duty?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Check out this website - find the tariff code, apply it to the country you are importing from - this is your rate. It is applied to the invoice price plus the transport cost to a Eu border.
You will also pay VAT unless you have an exemption.
You will need to pay a customs agent to process the import - approx €50
Would be worth making contact with one at this stage to get some advice

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custom...ultation.jsp?Lang=en&redirectionDate=20101002

Hello Shamrock,

I can assist, am in the transport and logistics industry. If you PM me the details of your goods, I will be able to classify them for you and give you the rate of duty. The calculation from Joe is spot on.

If you PM we with you e-mail address I will e-mail you a document that you may find usefull when starting out in the import field.

If the goods come by Ocean, do not leave the shipping arrangements to your Chinese Supplier as you will get hammered with charges on this end.

Cheers,
Rudolf289

Thanks for the responses guys. Joe - thanks for the link. I have pm'd you there Rudolf.