Duplicate SIM Card

J

JerryA

I have bought a year old car with a built in (from the factory) Nokia car Phone. This requires a SIM inserted and it works really well: caller ID up on the dash, etc.
Problem is I want the same number on my mobile & the car, and as its all business use, changing the SIM 4 times a day is not an option.
In UK Vodaphone offer a duplicate SIM for £5/ month MultiSIM but apparently not here in Ireland. See below
http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Page_ProductDetails&pageID=BS_0701

Options are

1) Get Vodaphone to give me a duplicate SIM: what chance do you think??
2) Have a second SIM and forward calls. Messy and probably no Caller ID.
3) Have some chap with a PC clone the SIM?? Anyone know where it can be done, and any fallout???

Thanks for your help

Had a similar requirement a few years ago (circa 2002 I think).
At that time solution from Vodafone as follows:
Connect up a new sim to a new number which is inserted permanently in the car phone. Then Vodafone set the diverts on the 'Hand Held' so that any calls recieved when the 'Hand Held' is 'Switched Off' are routed straight through to the Car Phone & should the Car Phone not be answered the calls are then routed through to the Vocemail of the 'Hand Held'. So to make it work all you need to do is power off your handset when in the car. Calls diverts were not charged but did have to pay for the extra "line" rental.
As I say this was their solution a few years back, may have an alternative now - give the business customer care team a call, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Back