Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow

Kitten

Anyone have any thoughts on moving from Dundrum to Dunlavin? 3 small babies, hubbie commuting to IFSC?

We had considered moving down there but the idea of the commute put us off. On an average day, no rush hour it took us an hour to get from Santry to Dunlavin. I can only imagine rush hour would be a nightmare as you have to come along the Blessington road, which seems to be horrendous at rush hour. My parents have lived there for a few years, and it seems like a grand little village. They found it very hard to settle at first as the locals were very insular. Over about 10 years tho (and it took that long) they seem to have been accepted and now have some great neighbours. There isn't much in the village tho, a few pubs and a couple of shops. The scenery is gorgeous tho, and there are some great amenities nearby.

Unless hubbie can do a lot of 'working from home' it would be a very tiring journey. I did some commuting for a short period of time from Blessington to Fairview but it was shattering my sanity!!

I know of a few people that have moved to the Hollywood & Donard areas (close to Dunlavin) which does provide stunning country living however you have to be prepared to be out the door on the way to work at 6.30am probably a little earlier from Dunlavin.

Dunlavin itself is a small town with a few pubs and shops, typical wide street market town. Most people would do their shopping in Naas, Newbridge, Blessington or Tallaght.

In the area I prefer Ballymore Eustace, some nice pubs, a great restaurant, a better small town feel and that bit closer..probably reflected in the price though !

Think I'll stay put in Dundrum until we can afford a bigger house around here................I could be a while waiting - good job I get on with my neighbours.

Thanks all.