Dundrum v Stillorgan

Both places are fine, but I'm afraid that awful new shopping centre has destroyed Dundrum. It used to have a lovely village on the main road that led to Sandyford.

Now all you have is dreadful traffic coming from all over the place to the holy 'shopping shrine'

Both places are fine, but I'm afraid that awful new shopping centre has destroyed Dundrum. It used to have a lovely village on the main road that led to Sandyford.

I disagree. I'm not wild about the new towncentre but the town's main street had been tired looking for a long time previously - an Xtravision, a soulless Spar, faceless banks, a credit union and a couple of dodgy pubs - not exactly the stuff of dreams, and I say that as someone who lives there.

I have lived in both Taney in Dundrum and Lakelands in Stillorgan.
TBH I loved them both but they were very similar I think facilities wise both areas are equal if you forget about doing lots of shopping in Dundrum.
They are both old settled communities with good primary schools and I would imagine the choice of secondary schools is the same in both.
It is whichever house is better value for money and in a nicer estate!