Dundrum House Hotel in Tipperary?

Bamhan

HAs anyone stayed here?
I would love to hear what it is like and would it be a suitable venue for a family event?
Just a small get together.

Was at a wedding there a few years ago. Country estate house converted into a hotel with a surrounding golf-course which would be an added attraction if any of your party are golfers. Everything was of high-standard although I can't comment on the restaurant as we just had the wedding meal in the ballroom.

Stayed there a few times mainly for golf.Super course to play and you get a discount as a resident.
Hotel is nice and comfortable and the evening menu was excellent.Staff at reception I found to be mainly rude and unhelpful(everybody had the same experience)
However the golf clubhouse turns into a night club on Saturday nights and its what they would call a savage experience.
If its a quiet get together stay away from the clubhouse and stay in the hotel bar.

D

Stayed a couple of time, again mainly for the golf (great course). We only ate in the bar but found the food very good. I found the staff to be helpful and polite. Very relaxed atmosphere, I know this doesn't suit everyone especially those who are used to city hotels where the service is very prompt, time is money and all that ;) . It seems popular for weddings etc so I imagine they are good with dealing with groups.

Thanks for the replies unfortunately they are booked out so will have to find an alternative.

Bamhan said:
Thanks for the replies unfortunately they are booked out so will have to find an alternative.

Lucky escape if you ask me. I went down a couple of years ago to look at it for my wedding reception and I found the staff rude as I hadn't made an appointment to see the place so we took our own tour which I am glad we did. I think the toilets of an establishment can tell a lot about a place and they were in an awful state. No toilet seats, holes in the door etc. Left there very quickly. Was then down for a wedding (not ours) a year later and I found staff rude, dreadful food, rooms average and as for the noise of the night club !!!(Before posters say that I should have been enjoying the wedding, my wife got sick (not saying it was the food) and we had a young baby with us and 15 year old niece to babysit which didn't work out too well) Dreadful time, dreadful place IMO unless you are a TIPP Hurler..................

Back