Dundrum Gym

clipper1981

Anyone here a member of this gym? Only joined a month ago and was told last night that the gym is closing down. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Also what gyms close to Dundrum would people recommend?

I am a member but have been unable to attend for the past 3 weeks. I did not know it was closing - when is this to happen?

seems they sent out a letter to everyone - which i didnt get. closing on the 27th of November. Some sort of a deal exists with Westwood Leopardstown for members who have paid in full for the year

Yes I believe the owner is terminally ill. I must say I find the whole thing surprising though since I went to just over a month ago & nothing was said to me then, infact they were telling me the plans to build a swimming pool had been approved. I'm amazed they were touting for business so much recently given they know this must be in the offing.

I joined the Carlisle instead for the water facilities which is just as well since Leopardstown wouldn't suit me at all, it's miles away. I think its very sad for the poor man involved, his lovely staff & the very nice gym. I wish him all the best and that his staff get jobs elsewhere easily. :(

I would recommend the Carlisle on Kimmage Road, there's also LA Fitness near Parmerston Gns, Dartry. Haven't personally tried the latter though its offering a 2 for 1 membership deal at the moment which may be worth looking in to.

Yes, I was surprised too .. I joined Dundrum Gym on Oct.10, and they sent a letter about closing on Oct.27. I have joined a different gym .. but I am still waiting on my refund. I called before I left the country and talked to them about the refumd which they assured me I'd get in the post in a couple days ... I've just returned (4 weeks later) and I've never gotten it. Now they don't answer the phone. Anyone know who I can contact to get my refund? Maybe I should contact the Garda?
Thanks.

Back