Dunboyne?

Roc

Hi - just wondering if anyone has any info on Dunboyne? We are looking at a house near to the town but would love to hear what people think of the area, good, bad or indifferent. Any info is much appreciated. Many thanks

Dunboyne is a great location but has some teenage problems being so close to Blanch. If your going close to the village rather than in the village you will be very happy with the choice.

Some areas of Dunboyne (I don't know exactly) have had problems with flooding in the past so you should get this checked out before you make any decisions.

I'm from Dunboyne(living outside it now but moving off to Cavan soon). Dunboyne is a good spot, as col said there are some teenage problems, but you get that everywhere. There's alot more to do there now than when I was growing up!

The flooding issues were in around Castleview and Beechdale, but alot of this has been sorted with the flood works done on the river over the past few years.

Hth,

Deb

Thanks for the info everyone. I really appreciate it.

(Debracd- are you Debracd that used to be on magmum? If so, hope you're keeping well (I met you in Blanch re the tots bots :) ). Best of luck with the move).

We are in Clonee at the moment near Littlepace in a three bed semi. I am thinking we will need to trade up in the future - we both work in Blanchardstown so wouldn't want to move too far away.

Dunboyne seems like a really nice place and I like the fact that it is a proper town not a big housing estate. I find it strange that there hasn't been a big development there like in Ratoath or Clonee. Well I haven't noticed one anyway.

Is the traffic bad in the mornings in the village? Are there any areas to avoid? Anyone care to compare Clonee and Dunboyne for things like schools etc for a young family?

traffic is only heavy at school opening time in the morning. There is a new Dunboyne by pass opening at some stage next yaer which should take most of the HGV's out off Dunboyne village. when the new rail arrives in 2010 which is an optimistic guess ,this will possibly increase traffic in around the village. Is clonee not serviced by schools in Hartstown.?

Hi

To be honest I do not know. I do know that there are problems in general in the Clonee area with school capacity - the area is usually at the centre of any debates on the topic.

A

I think that you can expect to see major development in Dunboyne when the train line opens. Meath County Council will be more inclined to grant large scale planning permissions when a better public transport option starts. Iarnrod Eireann are also only spending money on the train line because they expect to have large numbers of passengers travelling. Not that that would take away from moving to Dunboyne - it is a nice area with good houses and the train and motorway will improv etransport links enormously.

Back