Dunboyne to Sandyford Commute

Mauraf

Hi...
Can anyone help? Just wondering to I have any option (other than the M50 or through town), to get from Dunboyne to Sandyford by car? Any idea on how long that journey would take in the mornings and evenings?

Thanks!! Advice much appreciated!!

Mauraf

I've travelled from Nth Co. Dublin to Sandyford Ind est in about an hour and five these days, but thats leaving the house at 9am. Other I leave at 6am. I rarely drive during winter but the completed M50 might change that.

To answer your question, its not possible to travel your commute without using the M50. But this is a good thing as the new widened M50 is actually the best way anyway, and its really a case of how much of the M50 you wish to use.

In other words, from Dunboyne, do you join at the M4 or Redcow junctions. I'd pick the M4; the quicker you get on to the widened M50 the better; from there on its non stop to Sandyford.

However, depending on what time you need to be in Sandyford, getting into the Ind Est (if thats where you are headed) can be very tough.

Also remember that getting to work in your case will always take less than getting home. In the evening its even worse, and can take 15-20min just to get from Sandyford out to the M50 from 5-6pm. Then you have a massive toll-bridge queue in my case, but I assume you can take the M4 again.

To answer your question, its not possible to travel your commute without using the M50
Can one not travel through town (Via An Lar ;)) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can one not travel through town (Via An Lar ;)) ?

I wouldn't advise that one really. You'd probably have to go from Sandyford to Stillorgan and then in the Stillorgan dual carriageway in through town. It would be very long and arduous if you were doing it at peak time. Trying to get out onto Brewery Road to go through Stillorgan would take ages. Then you would have awful traffic through Donnybrook as well as bank after bank of traffic lights. If you were contemplating using town, I think you're far better off getting the Luas into Stephen's Green, a bus or walk to Busaras and then the Cavan/Donegal bus to Dunboyne. Driving the car via the M50 is probably the easiest of all the options overall

Last edited by a moderator:
Back