Dun Laoghaire Restaurants

[broken link removed] is a fairly decent Italian restaurant (they grow their own vegetables in Blessington).

Just a bit further south of Toscana on the same road is Martello - also fairly good.

There's also Purple Ocean right down at the coast behind the train station. Pretty good for seafood.

Reg

Has to be Hartley's I would say - just above the DART station. Thought the food and service was very good. Interestingly there is a wide mix of clients, but it all works well.

Would second Toscana, have been a few times and never disappointed.

Alexis seems to be very popular but I know someone who was very unimpressed with the small size of their portion and when they mentioned it to a member of staff the person just shrugged their shoulders, it was very much a take it or leave it attitude.

If you like Indian, Rasam just down the road in Glasthule is very good, although not cheap. Anyone I've known to eat there has been really impressed.

Just been to Alexis once but thought it was very nice & found portions quite large!

I'd also recommend Alexis: not a place for a quiet dinner for two (it's quite busy/noisy), but food, service and value are all excellent.