Dumping a bed

its not really in good condition plus it has been in a garage for over a year so I would say best to dump it

Not being smart, but did you try the dump? Or else, if some of the parts are recylable, there is a very good recycling facility just outside Bandon. The name escapes me now (look up www.corkcoco.ie)

Alot of the local authority landfills have a civic amenity (recycling centre) adjoined to the landfill so I'd say if it can't be recycled (i.e. timber, metal etc), you'll be able to bring it to the landfill.

Should be cheap enough to do either way, some civic amenities don't charge anything to householders.

My dad thinks that if you bring a trailor that it would cost €90 to dump the bed anyone know if this is true?

A bed including mattress would not be accepted as recycable and will have to be dumbed as general landfill waste. Only place I know suitable is the dump (opposite Woodies) where there are charges for cars, vans and trailers (increasing, but not sure of current Tariff). Ideally use a hatchback and break up the bed to fit into it. Trailer cost is quite expensive.

Back