due in court for traffic violation

griffin

I got a ticket last feb for turning right on georges street!

I was working in the Us for the month of april and forgot about it , when i came back i filled in the form and sent it off with my driving license details credit card etc, but they sent it back to me about a month later saying it was too late, so sun morning a knock at the door with a summons for court for this offense. how lame and stupid is this. I dont want to get 4 points for not paying but i did try, i also have the letter they sent back refusing payment.

any thoughts please

Bring that letter to court with you.Originally did you get notice of the fine before you went to the US and with all the travel/hype etc you forgot to pay it or did the fine arrive while you were away and time for payment elapsed while you were away? I would bring evidence of the fact you were out of the country for the month of April 07 if you have it as this may help. Be honest and straight with the judge and it also helps to apologise for wasting the courts time.

You will need to bring proof of travel, and hope the judge is in a good humour ..

To be honest I can't imagine the judge having much sympathy as obviously you were pulled over by a garda on Dame Street and you knew you were going to get a fine (unlike camera fines). Also the time periods for payment are rigid and after 56 days, court is the only way. Theres always the chance the garda will be off sick or overlook it but personally I wouldn't bank on getting off but good luck with it and hope the judge is hurrying off for a game of golf?

I got a ticket last feb for turning right on georges street!

I was working in the Us for the month of april and forgot about it , when i came back i filled in the form and sent it off with my driving license details credit card etc, but they sent it back to me about a month later saying it was too late, so sun morning a knock at the door with a summons for court for this offense. how lame and stupid is this.
What? Your attitude and behaviour? Yes.

Back