Dublinbikes.ie Pearse Station spaces???

tester1

Hi

Is anyone familiar with this bike station, I would be intending on cycling to it around 5pm.... are they many spaces available each day to put a bike on....

I dont want to cycle there and be left with a bike and no space and miss train?????? Thanks

Maybe you can check online at the dublin bikes website to see which stations have a comfortable number of free spaces before you embark ? Theres other spaces in the locality to park e.g around the other side of Trinity College. Not having a lot more spaces than bikes or not moving bikes from full racks quickly enough is a definite weakness of the bike scheme.

I think I saw some research that the station on George's Quay was one of the less used stations, it's beside Tara Street so could be another option. I've had issues a little later in the evening with Pearse with there being no spaces but I would think you should be ok at 5.

The only way to know for sure is to check online. Theres a good few Dublin Bike apps for smart phones which give you real time information on the status of every bike station. It changes all the time. But in general in the morning time all the bikes are gone, in the evenings all the stands are full. However people come and go all the time. So often you wait 5 mins and a bike or space comes free.

I found it pointless for commuting, but then it wasn't designed for that. Which is why they keep the bike stations away from the train stations.

It changes all the time. But in general in the morning time all the bikes are gone, in the evenings all the stands are full.

I found it doesn't save me that much time at all if after getting a bike from a normally empty stand I then have to cycle half way across town to find a place to park it if my destination stand is full :( . Dublinbikes save effort but you still need a safety factor of extra time when using them if you have a deadline. But under relaxed circumstances they are great.

Hi

If you have a smart phone, they have an app that allows you to check stations to see if there are bikes there or if there are spaces to park a bike.

J

Not really suited for getting somewhere and your tight on time.

For example I tried getting the train and then using a Dublin bike to get to work. But it was much quicker to cycle the whole journey on my own bike. 45~60 min cycle.

Having the app on your phone helps a lot though.

Back