Dublin Venue for 30th - reserved area rather than room hire

shesells

Am trying to help my friend sort a venue for her 30th. We are looking for somewhere that will reserve an area on a Friday night for 30-50 of us, mostly girls. Can't stretch to room hire I'm afraid.

Preferably city centre.

Any thoughts?

was at a birthday bash in [broken link removed] in Hardcore street. They had a few tables booked in the outdoor but covered area. Worked quite well actually except for the fact they had the worst bar staff i had seen in years!!

I was at a friends 30th in Le Cirk boutique hotel on Dame St. a few weeks ago. She reserved an area upstairs and it was perfect for 30 - 50 people. She had it on a Sat night and there was background music and a bar extension anyway so all she had to pay for was platters of food. Food was lovely as well.

Some pubs/hotels will allow free use of a private room, if you have them do the catering for it too. It's worth asking in some of your favourite haunts.

I had mine in MacTurcaills on Townsend Street. Great night, good area that you can reserve and the platters were plentiful and reasonably priced.
Going to a 30th in a few weeks in Messer Maguires on the Quays, apparently you can reserve one of the floors free of charge. I havent been before so cant comment but I've heard its an alright spot.

Phone some of yuor favourite joints and haggle with them. I think bars should be glad of a more or less guaranteed number of heads to buy drinks and should be delighted with the business.

Ended up in The Waterloo on Baggot St. Was perfect!! Til 11 they do 2 Cocktails for the price of 1 on Saturdays and that was welcome too! Mezzanine floor with own bar, hire was free with food. Only minor downside was the smoking area is off that mezzanine and even though there were signs on the stairs to the room asking people to use the back stairs as upstairs was a private party...there were plenty of illiterate people downstairs who insisted on walking through.

Back