Dublin to Sofia

dariuscork

Anyone know the easiiest and cheapest way to get to sofia,aer lingus dont do it anymore.ski holiday.

Anyone know the easiiest and cheapest way to get to sofia,aer lingus dont do it anymore.ski holiday.

My God have they dropped this route already? What with Ryanair practically closing down a lot of it's routes this winter (Nice gone, Palma gone) we will be forced to start looking at other airlines again. Now there's a thought!

balkantours have a programme of weekly flights throughout the ski season from Dublin-Sundays -and Belfast.
whether enough people will book this winter is another matter and I have a small fear that the programme will be dropped.
However this lack of demand for flights/holidays applies to airlines as well as tour operators. Airlines are dropping routes out of Dublin to many destinations this winter - to me the saddest loss was Malev which had great deals to east Europe via Bucharest.
Other than the Balkantour charters, Lufthansa have good connections from 300 euros return inc. taxes.
Sorry. no Ryanair type deals 99 cents - (plus 500euro extras) - to South East Europe

wizz air do reasonable flights from luton.
ryanair fly to luton 3 times a day so that might suit you.

i would normally go malev

Unfortunately that's not an option from the end of October.. As Oldnick states Malev are pulling off Dublin-Budapest ... remaining option will only be Aer Lingus ... which obviously isn't as good for connections (you'd have to book spearate tickets and it's a middle of the day flight from Dublin so flight times not as good)

It looks like Ryan Air to London Luton and then Wizz Air from there to Sofia,pity Aer Lingus dropped the route as it was always packed.