Dublin to Moscow most direct route?

jph

Hi,

I am due to go to Moscow at the end of May for business. I haven't been before and would like to minimise long stop-overs if possible - any thoughts on the most direct route and carrier?

thanks in advance!

jph

There are no direct flights from Dublin to Moscow but there are plenty of options of connecting via the UK or Europe.

Cheapest option would be with BMI via Heathrow, with about 2-3hrs stopover, which costs as little as €280.

You can also fly with KLM, Air France, British Airways, SAS or Lufthansa but all more expensive than BMI for this route

We've been to Moscow a few times in the past few years. We've travelled with Czech airlines via Prague, small airport in Prague and short layover, also it's 2, 2hr flights
The latest trip we went with KLM via Amsterdam, very short layover (45 mins) but the airport is big and we had to run for it. KLM staff at the airport were great though and very helpful and our luggage arrived with us which was good.
We've also gone via London with BMI which is my least favourite, the Flight from London is about 4 hours which makes it seem like a longer journey
Be prepared to queue for ages when you arrive at Passport control. They are very thorough,

Back