Dublin to las Vegas- direct flight?

larry1

Anyone know if there is a direct flight service from Dublin to Las Vegas? Or if not, what is the shortest flying time option?

Cheers

I believe that the quickest route maybe be Dublin-Gatwick; Gatwick-Las Vegas.
The Gatwick-Las Vegas flight is with Virgin and is direct.
I think this is still operational anyway, not sure it is the quickest, but probably.

There isn't one. Your qiuckest option is via JFK or another NY airport direct from Dublin although not necessarily the best quality inflight option. Personally I don't like flying via London due to the extra travel time, clearing immigration in the US rather than in Dublin can be very slow at times and I have bad memories on the return trips of hanging around Heathrow for a few hours from 6 or 7am waiting for a connection to Dublin.

Dublin-Newark-Las Vegas with Continental is a good option, as you go through US Immigration in Dublin - big advantage, avoiding the huge queues at international arrivals in the US. However, I think you have to have a North American address to book on Continental's website (at least you used to) so you might have to price through a travel agent or online intermediary such as Expedia.

just starting to plan honeymoon for next year and might look at fly into la and drive a mustang down to vegas!

I was in Vegas at the start of the month and went Dublin - Manchester - Vegas. Wasn't bad at all, Manchester airport is small enough to get through fairly fast, none of the long delays that you would normally associate with London and €0.49 for DUB-MAN with RyanAir.

(I might have just got a good day in Manchester airport!)

sites like ebookers.ie or amadeus.net should give you most of the options available and also show the trip duration.

I have gone there 3 times and each time gone from Dublin to LA with Aer Lingus and with Southwest from LA to Vegas (about 55 min's). It's always good to to clear US immigration here and get the long haul part over in one go.

Other's I know have driven from LA to Vegas (about 4 hours) which they enjoyed in a convertible..

Eoin

Or America West from LA to Las Vegas. Much easier to clear immigration here, its about 11 hours to LA and about 1 hour to Las Vegas.

Or indeed you can fly in style from November from Stansted - Maxjet - business flights, only 100 seats on the plane but not a ripoff !

I fly to lasvegas 3 or 4 times a year and I find the best way to go is Dublin-Newark-Vegas
If you can put out the extra cash for business it will make all the difference. Continental is not brilliant compared to some airlines out there but you will be happy enough.

Dublin-Newark-Las Vegas with Continental is a good option, as you go through US Immigration in Dublin - big advantage, avoiding the huge queues at international arrivals in the US. However, I think you have to have a North American address to book on Continental's website (at least you used to) so you might have to price through a travel agent or online intermediary such as Expedia.

fly to l.a. and rent a car that way you can get a good sleep on the flight out and you have a car for the trip. But it is cheap to get taxis on the strip as it is only a few miles long if you want to see more then go for a car.

BMI fly from Manchester direct to Las Vegas. However you will have to make your own way to Manchester from Dublin and pick up luggage and recheck-in

I went out via Chicago, and back via LA (aerlingus). I can't imagine there is a quicker way than the shorthop from LV to LA, and then the over-night Aer Lingus to dublin. Sure, theres cheaper, but not quicker. And you wake up in Dublin, not the UK, (with another 2-3 hours of early-morning UK airports before you reach dublin)

Get the AerLingus LA flight for sure.

p.s. LV airport has to be experienced to be believed. From someone who travels a lot, I can tell you this is a whole new world of queuing! When they ask you turn up 3 hours before your flight, even for a 30min hop to LA, I'd take their advice

There are no direct flights.Try Aer Lingus or Delta to JFK, then get Jet Blue to Vegas. I believe they have leather seats & legroom & cheap flights.Just change terminals (with your bags..) using the monorail.

Sorry to bump such as old thread.

Just wondering, are their currently any direct flights from Ireland to Las Vegas?

I flew Dublin to London (Gatwick I think) to Vegas two years ago.

the easiest way to find out is to check departures from Dublin, Shannon and Belfast and see if it's listed there.

my guess would be no.

you could also try www.skyscanner.ie and select direct only flights.

Back