Dublin to Honolulu - Any suggestions who to fly with

sidzer

Hi Folks.

A friend of mine wants to go to honolulu in mid December for just over a week.

Any - suggestions about which airlines travel companies to book through?

Thanks

S

Delta all the way. I went Shannon to JFK to LA to Honolulu in 2001. On return journey, we went Honolulu to LA to Vegas (for a week!!!!) and then Vegas to Atlanta to Shannon.

The stopovers only lasted a few hours each. We picked up our luggage in JFK and resubmitted it. We didn't have to pick it up in LA. This might have changed since 9/11. Our entire journey in real time from Ireland to Honolulu including stopovers was over 23 hours. Thankfully, it was night time locally when we arrived and we hit the sack.

For the purpose of the trip, I joined Delta Airmiles. We got bumped up on one of the flights and we didn;t need to queue for ANY of the flights.

Hmm just over week seems a little short. There a no direct flights from Europe to Hawaii, you have to go via the States. The three big west coast departure points are Seattle, San Francisco and LA. I'd opt for Dublin-Amsterdam-Seattle-Honolulu on Northwest/KLM. Seattle is not as busy as LA or JFK so transfers are a lot less hassle there. Flying via JFK or Atlanta will make the journey much longer. The shortest route would be via San Fran or LA, but the only direct option to their from Ireland is Aer Lingus....not good

I don't think that you have the direct flight with Aer Lingus to LA in December either. Isn't it being, or has already been cancelled. So the only shorter route is as suggested via San Fran.

flew Dub - Lon - LA - Hawaii few years back with Air New Zealand, not sure if they still operate the same route from London.