Dublin to Denver in June. Is this a good price?

Lauren

745.00 plus tax EUR 215.00? Not familiar with this route or travel to the States. Have been quoted this with BA via LHR and then direct to Denver. Is it a reasonable price?

745.00 plus tax EUR 215.00? Not familiar with this route or travel to the States. Have been quoted this with BA via LHR and then direct to Denver. Is it a reasonable price?

Not terrible, but not great either ... June is fairly high season so you're not going to get any massive bargains but you should be able to get something for 700-800ish including all taxes.

Continental is going over the 1k mark. I'll give e-brokers a try.....Only having one stop in London is attractive though and worth paying a little bit more for!

Continental is going over the 1k mark. I'll give e-brokers a try.....Only having one stop in London is attractive though and worth paying a little bit more for!

Lauren - the fare you have on BA will obviously route via London - but if you try to do a >24hr stopover in London it might push the fare higher (it may not be the case - but many fares don't allow free stopovers and there's a surcharge if you break your journey en route for over 24 hrs)

Also keep in mind that while you may have reasons for wanting to stop over in London which might make sense .. the flip side of it is that Heathrow is probably one of the worst airports to connect through with the security queues etc.

Try www.travelocity.com

Out of interest, I looked just now and it was giving $939 inclusive return (about EUR688). Of course, it'll depend on dates and flexibility, but I've found them pretty good in the past.

You get to pick the routing too. It'll throw up carriers and routes you mightn't have thought of, and you can then look at their direct pricing.

Orbitz.com is quoting $965 inc. taxes for Dublin to Denver on BA via LHR departing Sat June 2. The fare increases to just over $1000 for departures in mid June. You can make a reservation using an Irish credit card, $965 = €715 @ $1.35 to €1

Note that you can book Dublin to Denver on www.aerlingus.com via Chicago. The Chicago-Denver flight is with American Airlines.
I just did a quick check now going on 4th June and back on 10th June and it was:

Fare: €810
Taxes: €71.48
Handling fee €6

Total €887.48

I don't know if there are cheaper fares available for other dates. I didn't check. Might be worth playing around to see if there are.
I flew this route last year and it was pleasant enough.