Dublin / San Francisco - Best site for booking tickets

biggerry

I hope to head to San Francisco around Easter next year. I've tried ebookers.ie, americanholidays.ie and britishairways.com for flights and ebookers is the cheapest.

Can anybody recommend any other sites that I should check for tickets?

I saved quite a bit with (via Toronto) last July. Most interestingly, it was cheaper to book directly with them than through Expedia/eBookers/Opodo...:confused:

Try the ITA airfare finder linked to in this previous thread.

Have you tried Aerlingus.....I got a good fare for the same trip last year...around 600 euros...

As of last week www.clubtravel.ie had the cheapest tickets for next Spring when someone was booking flights to SFO one way. BA via LHR for 400 euros.
I got really cheap business class flights with Air Canada last year to Pearson but they don't seem available this year. They stop in Shannon too so it's a long haul. Really great staff but awful planes.

Hi
Checked with Orbitz.com thismorning dep:02/04/07 ret: 13/04/07 for $813 (approx EUR637) (via Amsterdam); British Airways EUR 694(via London): Aer Lingus EUR 705 (via LA/Chicago).

I have used Orbitz before and plan to use them again to SF this coming summer. On previous occasions they have worked out cheaper.

Mess around with the departing and return dates and you may even get a cheaper fare (also $ to EUR conversion) could play a part.

Thanks everybody for your feedback.

c1aro, orbitz.com gave me some great prices! Thanks a lot!

Flying to San Diego and LA next week. Rang around the agencies and used the online sites (gohop, ebookers etc) to find the best flights and prices. Then booked the same flights directly on the airlines' own websites and got at least 10-15% discount on the fare quoted on ebookers etc.

Have a look at the Delta airlines website also. None of the travel agents and few of the websites will book with delta because they are in bankruptcy protection and so ther is a risk that the airline will go bust. That said, they have been in the same situation for about 2 years now - American carriers seem to go in and out of it as part of their normal business practices. they have pretty cheap fares.

Ok, this is where you have to get smart.

If you really want to save money here are some tips:

1. Download and use a flight availability tool like KVS
[broken link removed]

You need to have a bit of knowledge about airlines/airports and fare codes but it really can show where how fares are built up.

2. There are some old wives tales out there when it comes to booking fares, like booking at midnight (in the airlines home timezone) on a Wednesday night, some say that their reservation systems will release those fares that have been held on reservation but not paid for. Never works for me, but hey can't hurt in trying.

3. Finally, subscribe (its free!) to websites like Flyertalk where you'll have access to the combined knowledge of hundreds of frequent flyers. Have fun and happy flying!

Have managed to get some good deals with KLM for this route if you're willing to go through Amsterdam (I travelled with them for this last week)

Back