Dublin restaurant for Arabic client

cmalone

was entertaining a client yesterday and brought him to Winding Stairs at Bachelors Walk. He was most impressed. He’s staying in 5 star in town.

Any recommendation for similar style restaurant in City Centre area ... much appreciated - the pressure is on the match last night ....only reason I say Arabic is that my client doesn’t take alcohol so prefer some where that isn’t alcohol dependent

Not sure what "alcohol dependent" means, surely the client can just not drink if that is their choice? I assume they are not dictating that you can't either ;)

http://www.thepigsear.ie/ on Nassau Street is excellent, looks out onto Trinity College green.

Thanks for suggestions - guess I’m a bit over sensitive to the alcohol part .

I know a few nice restaurants in temple bar but normally have wine/ beers if we go ..,

The pig’s ear might just be a negative - as think Muslims don’t eat pork - so the name just might be a small issue. Heard good reports about it though ...

Anything else in same range would be great - much appreciated - just want to make a good impression- I’ve been lucky so far with my choices

Appreciate that - but this guy stayed in most of the hotels at this stage - so he was impressed by the atmosphere in a real restaurant - like Winding Stairs. The Pigs Ear sounds similar and view etc. just need something similar for tonight and I’m sorted

We ate there and hated it.

I've had more positive than negative experiences there, the early bird used to offer super quality/ value, but my last experience fell short of expectations. So might have to rely on Chez Max for my French bistro style fix.

Pig's Ear as above is always good. Ely can be hit or miss, but they do somewhat Irish twists that might be of interest to a visitor. 101 Talbot is along similar lines to the Winding Stair, but I'd prefer the latter. The restaurant section of Fade St. Social isn't bad, but I'd avoid the Rustic Stone.

Etto again is always good, as is their sister restaurant Uno Mas on Aungier St., but nothing vaguely Irish in the experience or fare.

Apologies for delay - went to Hugo’s - Merrion Row- was amazing. Great food. Service and atmosphere. Plus central for some amazing pubs and craic- think my guest will stay in this location next time ... thanks everyone for all recommendations and good advice as always

Back