Dublin Northside water cutoff

orka

[broken link removed]

Water is off from 8pm tomorrow (Fri) to 6pm Sunday with only one day's notice! Area from Fairview - bounded by Malahide Rd to West, Clontarf Road to East and North to Kilbarrack - huge area to be serviced by 2 tankers. Areas include Clontarf, Raheny, Killester, Baldoyle, Kilbarrack, Sutton Park and 'surrounding areas'. Does anyone know how far east this goes? Are Sutton and Howth affected? If Baldoyle village is off and Bayside is off, I don't see how water can get past them to Sutton and Howth. Really really bad planning from DCC - and very little notification.

I'd say some of Sutton is affected. We're near there and I was told by DCC when I phoned this morning that we would likely be affected.

We phoned Fingal and they stated they were apparently only informed by the DCC yesterday which didn't give them enough time to mail everybody affected. So they are putting the blame directly at the door of the DCC. The Council are sending me out a complaint form which the lady offered to do immediately, must have had a few complaints already today. I'd say they'll get a fair few of them back.

She did state that the local papers and radio stations were advertising the fact since yesterday. I wake up to the radio everyday and have it on at work all day and didn't hear any announcement until Ian Dempsey mentioned it this morning. He lives in Sutton so he must be affected by it as well. He advised everyone to complain, although I doubt he's an authority on the situation.

Disgrace that it could be off for so long and yet no notice whatsoever. I understand the term 'emergency' but it is supposedly due to the port tunnel which isn't operational so how come it's an emergency that couldn't wait or at least be managed a little better? Must be causing a delay to opening hence the 'emergency'!

Last edited:
What annoys me, apart from the inadequate notice, is that parts of Fingal are affected by Dublin City Council actions. North of Kilbarrack Road is Fingal yet not when it comes to water supply.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Apparently it's not 'emergency' work - it's 'essential' work that has been planned for some time but they didn't tell people in advance in case they forgot! They obviously didn't consider the 3rd option of telling people twice - once in advance and once at short notice for the forgetful people who would forget something as trivial as their water being off for 2 days.

Count yourselves lucky ... we were left without water for nearly 3 weeks when there was a diesel spill in our local reservoir ... you've nothing to be complaining about!!!

Back