Dublin - Istanbul direct

Turkish airlines to start twice weekly direct service to Istanbul from Dublin. Tues and Sat if I remember correctly.

16024:I was looking at the turkish gp in august and expedia go via paris. but the price must be fairly competitive as they quoted me around £350 for all flights , taxes, insurance and 5 nights in a five star hotel in central istanbul. will wait for a) this and b) the bird flu to clear before booking. do you know the name of the airline involved. know most of them but don't this one. (don't say turkey air/air turkey, please!)

CM: its 55km from istanbul city centre. Steel blue has a link to it on page 4 of this thread. I wouldn't be afraid of going but as its Istanbul Mrs Cu might want to go for the experience and while she is not a grand prix lover I would be hoping she would enjoy the weekend and I would go to the gp on my own on the sunday. I Checked again and its a good looking/sounding 4 star hotel on expedia not 5 as stated above. thinking of going from Thursday/Tuesday to make a good weekend of it. But I know that Mrs Cu won't go if the bird flu is still around.

thats one ****ty site. presume their airline is better organised..

Back