Dublin GAA Senior Football Championship

RonanC

Did anyone hear about Kilmacud Crokes being allowed back into the championship again after failing to turn up for their semi-final against UCD on monday.. Its silly that they can fail to show up for a match and then ask for the match to be played again... and they got their way last night.

Crazy situation !!

by the way im not associated with UCD in anyway...

I did indeed Ronan, this morning I heard they were booted out for not playing then about 2 hours ago I heard they reached a deal with the GAC and will play UCD next week.
They should beat UCD anyway, seemingly they were complaining that they only had five days gap since the q final match, so there.

I've watched them a couple of times this season and to be honest they havnt been at their best. But i suppose that can be put down to Inter-County stars being missing and so on..

Anyway I still think that they should have objected to the playing of the semi final so soon after the 1/4 final before the match and not after.

And a 5 day gap is long enough really for a team with a big squad like crokes.

I thought they were supposed to play last wednesday, but didn't on the grounds that the make-up of the other semi-final was unknown as yet because of Na Fianna's continued shenanigans (which they got away with). There are 2 issues here:
1. Kilmacuds truculence and unwillingness to play within the spirit of the game, the Vaughan issue last year was a disgrace - they knew how the rules had always been applied, but then challenged them on a technicality.
2. UCD's participation - should they be participating - if it's on the same grounds as their hurlers, then I don't think so i.e. players can play in both their local championship and their colleges champioship in the same year.
And neither am I associated with any senior team in Dublin, just a neutral observer who hates seeing clubs run off to the board rooms when things go wrong.

Fair play UCD won last night, never say that coming. Should make for an interesting dublin final