Dublin City Council & Central Claims Unit procedure

Rovers1901

Anyone have any experience of the procedure with the Central Claims Unit with the DCC?
I suffered damage to personal property as a result of Council work and rang the council and was told to put it in writing, enclose receipt etc. This I did and am waiting for a response.

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect regards the timeframe for a decision one way or theother or indeed what the procedure is? (am I called in, asked to produce any evidence like damaged property/photos etc).

Thanks

I've come accross this type of claim before, but not specifically with DCC.

I would assume that they'd look at whatever you sent in and cross reference it against internal information i.e. check that council was working at your location on date of damage and seek report/verions of events from whoever was in charge of the work. If not clear cut that it is or isnt their fault, they may send someone out to look at your property and/or talk to you.

After considering all of the above, they'll likely take a view on the incident and if it is there fault, make you an offer to settle the claim.

Timeframe for all of the above depends on how quickly they can establish the facts. Could take weeks or even months.

Back