dublin airport and new regulations

blueshoes

hi all, going on hoilday soon and Im just wondering about the new rules and that about bringing stuff onto plane. Surely I can bring all my make-up on the plane? can anyone also tell me if I could bring clove oil werid i know just ive a sore tooth and cant get a dentist appoitment till after i come back.

where can I buy small see through bags? do they have to be a certain size? Is there big q's in the airport? whats the new fast check in thing all about? is that for all planes? flying with aer lingus.

Anyone know if there is a website that tells you about road works around the airport? will be a bit stuck for time and dont want to get caught in roadworks. This is all probably covered in another thread but it wont search for me the page keeps coming up blank.

thanks

They give you the small clear bags as you go into the queue for the security check.

They are just sealable sandwich bags - you can buy them in your local supermarket. I'm pretty sure this is on the airport website. If the clove oil is 100ml or less you should be fine.

Personally I just pack my wash bag/make up in to my main luggage; the only thing I carry in my day bag now is a book, empty water bottle and camera.

Yes the queues in the airport can be very long; allow yourself plenty of time to get through security.

I may be wrong, but I think the fast check in is only for AL flights?

Not sure on the roadworks - all I can tell you is don't be stuck for time - leave yourself plenty of time to get to the airport.

You are allowed one clear resealable plastic bag no more than one litre in capacity and not more than 20cm by 20cm. You can take whatever will fit in this but no item can be in a container of more than 100ml - even if there is less than 100ml of liquid/gel/whatever in it. I'm surprised Kildrought that you get away with an empty water bottle - the regs seem to be that even if there is less than 100ml of liquid, it is the container that has to be less than 100ml - unless you have a v small water bottle.

Isnt some of this airport security a bit of a sham now.Last Sat at Vienna airport I checked through my handbag-together with the other 2 lethal weapons I had-my jacket and belt.
I did not realise until we were safely home that my better half had thrown into my bag a small manicure set-nailfile, scissors,,tweezers etc which I normally put into check-in bag.It went through unspotted by anyone.

Most make up bottles (liquid foundation) aren't more than 30mls. You can easily carry them on board. You can buy different sized reusable plastic bottles in Boots (and probably elsewhere) to put some of your clove oil/moisturisers in etc.

PS Oops I've just noticed the date you posted. You're probably home by now!