Dublin 14

danaforever

Hello All, can any of you give me an idea of what Clonskeagh and Goatstown are like to live in? Are they nice areas, are they near town? We have an option to buy in either place, which is a better buy?
Thank you

Both really good areas, Clonskeagh is definitely nicer IMO but if I could afford either I wouldn't complain!!

They will be VERY expensive but will hold their value undoubtedly.

My sister lives in Clonskeagh - and loves it. Proximity to town is something they did not factor into their purchasing decision - but has proven an excellent benefit.

Clonskeagh conjoins Goatstown, but is nearer town and has better public Transport, but some parts of Goatstown is fairly near the Luas in Sandyford and Dundrum.
Clonskeagh generally has nicer houses - and more expensive. Both great living areas, been there nearly 20 years!

Great place to live (but have to admit I'm preferring Terenure now). I lived on Goatstown Road for just over four years up to August last year. One drawback in the area, depending on where you are of course is the traffic. I saw a huge increase in traffic in the time I lived there and there's one big development which has opened since I moved which I imagine must have added to the problems quite a bit. I did find the public transport good in general but again because of the traffic and no bus lane the 11 was not great after about 7.45 in the mornings. It was quicker to walk down to UCD (20 mins) and get the 10 into town. If you could get somewhere closer to the Luas than I was (I was a good 30 minute walk away) it'd be much better.

Back