DS Lite Games

Violet Rose

I purchased a DS game Mario Party on E-Bay before xmas - i checked the details on same - 99.4% positive - excellent feedback etc...
I tried the game on DS xmas eve night (i know - left it a bit late) a message comes up about downloading the data ....
I checked the sellers details again this morning and he/she clearly states will play in any region (region Free), in english, I checked other feedback on seller and there were quite a few uk & ireland buyers for games etc.
Buyer from Hong Kong...
Do I leave game in console and let it download as I am not getting any error message... how long should i leave it - has anyone any ideas on same...
The package was completely sealed and on back of it was"E" ESRB content rating...
thanks

Ds games are usually region free back when I used to buy them I bought loads from Hong Kong, UK, US etc now I just download and most are from the US. See if you leave it download but it doesn't sound like anything I have ever experienced. If it doesn't work don't hesitate in contacting the seller ASAP

Hi,

My daughter uses the DS Lite a lot and she has given the following advice:

“The Nintendo DS and DS games are all region-free so they should play on any DS. (I’ve used U.S and Asian games on my own DS which I bought in Ireland) I’m not entirely sure, but the message about downloading the data sounds like it may relate to the Wi-Fi connection. (internet connection on the DS which allows you to link up with or play against other DS owners around the world) It should be safe to allow the game to download, but to be sure I would look up some reviews on the game that mention this ‘download for data’ or refer to the game’s user manual to see if there’s any troubleshooting advice relating to it.

If the data is related to previous saved game data (I would assume only if the game has been used before) then you probably don’t need to download it as you’ll be starting afresh, but I’d look into it first or contact Nintendo for their advice.

Sorry couldn’t be of more help but good luck!”