DS games from Hong Kong

onway

If I buy games on e-bay from Hong Kong will they work on a DS lite bought here???

From wikipedia

"The Nintendo DS is in the sense that any console will run a Nintendo DS game purchased anywhere in the world; however, the Chinese version games can only be played on the Chinese iQue DS, whose larger firmware chip contains the required glyph images. Although Nintendo DS of other regions cannot play the Chinese games, iQue DS can play games of other regions. Also, as with Game Boy games, some games that require both players to have a Nintendo DS game card for multiplayer play will not necessarily work together if the games are from different regions (e.g. a Japanese Nintendo DS game may not work with a North American Nintendo DS game, though some titles, such as Mario Kart DS, are mutually compatible). With the addition of the , certain games can be played over the Internet with users of a different region game."

No reason why they shouldn't when games downloadable in JPN (Japan)/US/EU format all work. One thing to be aware off is the fact that they have the DSi now which is the next generation of DS so some newer games may be specifically designed for that.

I buy all my daughters DS games on e-bay they normally come from Hong Kong. I recently bought Professor Layton and My Sims Kingdom for 15 euro each including postage they cost circa 45 euro each in shops in Dublin.

The games arrived in cellophane packaging and are original. The only regional game I bought is Cookin Mama where the cooking consisted of a lot of tofu and noodle dishes, luckily she is into chinese food!