Dryer coming on when not wanted

Mick31

Hi,

I have an integrated washer-dryer Hotpoint bwd129 and the dryer comes on automatically after the washing part. It is very annoying as I have to wait till the wash is over to manually open the door.

Has anyone had this problem with this washer-dryer?

Thanks

I heard someone mention a fee recently of either €110 or €140 call out charge for Hotpoint so if it were me I would:

1. Read the manual from cover to cover to see if there is any reference to this problem

2. If you still cannot get an answer to the problem there give Hotpoint a call and ask to speak to their service dept. You can quite often speak to a service engineer just to get advice.

3. To avoid the call out fee I would give someone like www.mastercare.ie a call to see if they can give any advice.

Hi Mick, yes have had the same problem with another Hotpoint washer-dryer, its down to one of two things,

Firstly, do you have any children in the house, it is possible that they are turning the dial knob when the wash cycle is going on so it may be a case of keeping them out of the room where the w/d is.

Secondly, if its not been tampered with it is possible that the dial knob has lost its grip and so is stuck at that part on the dry cycle, you will know if this is the case because the dial knob for the drying cycle will turn around the full 360 degrees without any resistance i.e. no clicking.

If you are happy that the drying dial is working properly then you should be able to stop the drying function by moving it to Zero, therefore stopping the drying cycle.

Suellen is correct I paid €99 euro for the call out for the very same problem, he replaced the drying dial knob (covered by warranty luckily of it would have set me back a whopping €7 !!) but he did say that it is a common problem with washer/dryers but usually down to small children continously turning the dials. Personally I can't wait for my Hotpoint appliances to stop working so I can replace each one of them as I feel I've paid for them twice with all the call out charges I've paid over for them.