Dry lining walls - Advice needed

tevion

I just bought a house that is approx 18 years old.
Its need a bit of work, the walls have lining paper, so I am going to remove it, then depending on how bad the walls are, I might have to skim them as well before I paint them.
I was thinking of getting the inside of external walls dry-lined first, as there is a grant of 2500 for this work to be done.
I am just wondering what panels would be recommended?
I have heard of Kingspan.
Is there various thicknesses available, because i would prefer to get reasonably thin panels if possible, to minimise loss of space.
Also, where are good places to get a price on these panels, I am based in Lucan.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Contact Kingspan (or any of the other manufacturers of these boards) and ask for a copy of their technical manual. You can get all of the individual product data sheets on their website.

At the peak of the Celtic Tiger madness I re-imported my Kingspan sheets from England at a saving of almost 50%, but times have changed so you may get a better deal from Irish builders providers these days.

If you mean the SEI greener homes scheme for the grant, then there are stipulations. You have to insulate 100% of the external Walls which will include removing presses sockets skirting boards etc. Work has to be carried out by SEI registered contractor . Cannot pick thinner boards. Only systems approved.

I understand you only qualify for grant if you achieve appropriate u-values across all the house's external walls.

I have been told to achieve this you need to use an 80mm standard insulated plasterboard. You can use lower in certain places like along stairwell.