Dry Fermentation Anaerobic Digester

Anto318

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to start this thread. If not apologies.

I was speaking with family last night and they have informed me that a local farmer (from who they bought their site off) wants to build a Dry Fermentation Anaerobic Digester on his farm. From what they have been told, this digester will be the first of its kind in Ireland and England so are obviously a bit worried about a building like this being so close to their family home.

Local farmers have been speaking to my family with regards lodging an appeal against the construction of this digester but my family are afraid to step forward as the farmer owns all the land around their house and are worried against repercussions. There are 7 houses close to the proposed location of the Digester.

Does anyone know of any health risks associated with living close to an Anaerobic Digester? My family will not lodge an appeal against the proposed building if there is no health risks associated with this digester. They have a young family and are trying for more children so obviously are very nervous and worried for the health of their family.

As there is no such building like this in Ireland it is very difficult to get exact information regarding an Anaerobic Digester. They are currently doing research on this Anaerobic Digester but any more information that they can get would be extremely helpful.

Are there any health risks associated with Dry Fermentation Anaerobic Digester?

Thanks in advance and again apologies if I started this thread in the wrong forum.

Anto318

Back