Dry Cleaning Business

K

KJames

I am thinking of setting up a dry cleaning business and was hoping that some one could tell me is it still a worth while business or how to go about it. Thanks

I've seen plenty of these close down recently. Its very discretionary spending, but possibly a franchise might work if the rent is low enough?

I am thinking of setting up a dry cleaning business and was hoping that some one could tell me is it still a worth while business or how to go about it. Thanks

I can give you a bit of advice on this, now I am not in the dry cleaning business but my friend has been in it for over 20 years and I have been following how successful or in this recession how bad things are.

To start at dry cleaning either lease the equipment or take over a dry cleaning business, your expenses to start up if you lease I belive will region of 80,000 euro. Figures as what my friend spent to renew his machinery, of course a secondhand set up COULD be half this cost.

There is money to be made as far as I can see, again depending if your the only dry cleaner in your area or if you have a service that others dont.

Your biggest expense is the 'perc' that the dry cleaning machine uses, the EPA is also very keen to ensure that dry cleaners are doing things right, this includes records of the 'perc', when used, how long etc.

Hope this helps you

Thanks for your help. It's daunting. Any more advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

I will try to help you if I can, ok?

What area are you planning to set up?
Any competition?
Are you planning to rent a shop and start with a new set up?